STRIKE VOTE INFO MEETINGS
Have questions? Drop by on any of the following dates to discuss collective bargaining and strike vote one-on-one with members of the executive committee.
- Wed Aug 01, 1pm to 6pm Halpern Centre 114
- Thu Aug 09, 1pm to 6pm Halpern Centre 114
- Tue Aug 21, 8am to 1pm Halpern Centre 114
- Wed Sep 12, 8am to 1pm Halpern Centre 114
- Mon Sep 10, 11am to 2pm Room 4010
- Thu Sep 13, 11am to 2pm Room 2200
Strike Vote scheduled for September
Your Executive and Bargaining Committee agree — we need a strike mandate. The Executive
unanimously passed a motion last week to approve taking a strike vote in September.
The employer has consistently blocked our attempts to bargain in good faith during the two
years since our contract expired.
After listing all the things that CUPE 3338 members should be willing to give up, the employer
has refused to seriously consider a single one of our proposals.
We have been told that there is money in the university budget, but the employer won’t tell us
how much. They have said that they fully intend to use any money available to try to fix the
ailing SFU Pension Plan.
Where we stand
– Are we willing to let the employer decide if there are ‘leftover funds’ for us?
– Are we willing to accept more years of zeros?
– As older members, will we stand by while the employer destroys our pension plan?
– As younger members, do we want to see the hard won benefits like vacations, sick leave,
paid tuition, maternity/paternity leave and even weekends, lost because we weren’t willing
to stand together?
It’s time to get informed about our ‘bargaining stalemate.’ It’s time to come to a CUPE 3338
town hall meeting over the next several weeks, and find out exactly why you should vote
“YES, I stand behind my union negotiators, YES, I will protect my rights and YES, I want a fair
and reasonable wage increase.”
Watch for town hall information sessions in a room and on a day convenient for you. For more
information visit: cupe3338.ca and universitieswork.ca